Money off your future travels if you tell us a story…
If your scariest Halloween fear is the price of your next holiday, you might be happy to hear that Friendly Rentals is currently running a travel writing competition of the prize-winning kind.
To enter the competition, all you have to do is “like” our Facebook page and tell us, in less than 150 words, about your “scariest experience in a foreign place”.
If your entry is in compliance with the regulations stated here, you’ll instantly receive a generous €50 discount off Friendly Rentals’ holiday apartments just for participating in our Halloween travel writing competition. Furthermore, the winner will also receive a complementary basket of sweets, perfect for warding off evil spirits (or trick-or-treaters).
The competition results will be based on the amount of “likes” each short story receives on Facebook, so let your imagination run amok, and don’t forget to get your friends to vote for your entry in our travel writing competition, too!
If you need some inspiration, why not check out how Halloween 2012 in New York, Madrid, London and Paris will be celebrated?
Friendly Rentals Halloween Travel Writing Competition 2012
In celebration of the event of Halloween 2012, Friendly Rentals SL would like to announce its Halloween Travel Writing Competition, which will be run according to the following norms.
Rules and regulations of the promotion:
1. All participants must be over 18 years old and fans of Friendly Rentals’ official Facebook page. Users operating under names of institutions, associations, groups or joint accounts will not be taken into consideration.
2. The competition will begin on the 15th of October 2012 and will end on the 31st of October 2012. Contestants are invited to submit entries during this time.
3. Only one entry, written in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German or French, may be submitted by each participant. This should be published below the competition image, in the wall of Friendly Rentals’ Facebook page.
4. The maximum length of short stories is 150 words.
5. The subject of the competition is “your scariest experience in a foreign place”. Entries must describe real or fictitious experiences or anecdotes which take place while travelling. They may belong to any literary genre (humour, terror, adventures, etc.).
6. Texts must be unedited and original. Friendly Rentals does not accept legal responsibility for any accusations of copyright violation participants may incur.
7. Short stories submitted may not contain: profanities; insults; words or phrases that may be considered to be of a sexually, racially or ethnically offensive nature or those which make reference to specific brands. The organisers reserve the right to immediately withdraw any short story not in keeping with these norms.
8. Of the three most oft-voted-for stories in Friendly Rentals’ Facebook page, the winner will be chosen by an expert panel of judges. Stories can be voted for by clicking the “like” button. Votes will be revised, and those deemed to originate from accounts which are not in line with Facebook’s general terms and conditions will be held invalid.
9. First prize consists of a pack of Halloween sweets / party favours. All participants will be awarded €50 discount off their next reservation with Friendly Rentals.
10. The winner will be announced on the 2nd of November, via Facebook, Google+, Twitter and the Friendly Rentals blog.
11. As of the 2nd of November, all participants will be contacted to check that they comply with the requirements stated in these regulations, and to send them a €50 discount code. This code may be used until the 31st of October 2012, against the reservation of any Friendly Rentals apartment. The winner’s present basket will also be sent at this time.
12. Upon submission, participants freely hand over rights of reproduction of their entry to Friendly Rentals, who reserve the right to publish and circulate submissions using whatever means the company considers opportune, negating the possibility of any posterior claim.
13. In conformance with Spanish personal data protection law (15/1999), Friendly Rentals promises not to use any personal details submitted for commercial or advertising uses. Data will only be used in order to contact the winning participant.
14. Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the rules and regulations stated.
15. Friendly Rentals reserves the right to cancel or modify these norms without previous warning, and to substitute prizes for others of equal value.
Friendly Rentals Marketing Team, Barcelona 11/10/2012.