Getting to and from Malaga Airport
07 June 2013
4219 times read
How to get from Malaga Airport to the Costa del Sol
Malaga airport (AGP) is located only 8km from the city of Malaga. Thanks to the enormous number of tourists who visit every year to enjoy the good weather and the beaches of the Costa del Sol, it is Spain’s fourth busiest airport. The airport is used by more than 60 airline companies who fly to 20 Spanish cities and more than 100 international destinations.
Malaga airport has three terminals however the oldest one is currently closed to the public. All departures leave from T2 (called Pablo Ruiz Picasso) and T3. At T3 you will find the Taxi rank, bus station, parking and train station. Malaga airport is very well connected with all of the Costa del Sol. We’ll tell you the best ways to from the airport to the main areas of the region.
Getting to and from Malaga Airport by Train.
Line C1 of Malaga Cercanias connects Malaga, Torremolinos, Benalmádena and Fuengirola. Trains leave every 20 minutes and the journey to the centre of Malaga takes only 10 minutes, you can connect with line C2 at the stations Málaga Centro, Alameda and Málaga María Zambrano. A single ticket costs between 1,70€ and 3.50€ depending on the number of zones.
Getting to and from Malaga Airport by Bus
Coach Line A Express will take you straight to the centre of Malaga in only 15 minutes. Busses leave every 30 minutes and a one-way ticket costs 3€.
There are various intercity bus services which connect Malaga airport to the main regional centres.
Autobuses Portillo Avanzabus:
- Torremolinos- The journey lasts 30 minutes and a ticket costs 4,55€. Buses leave every 1-2 hours.
- Benalmádena- The journey lasts 50 minutes and a tickets costs 4,55€. Buses leave every 1-2 hours.
- Marbella- The journey lasts 45 minutes. Tickets cost from 7€-9€.
- Estepona- The journey lasts an hour and a quarter. Tickets cost from 9€-13€. There is a service twice daily.
- Algeciras- The journey lasts 2 hours. Tickets cost from 16€-19€. There is a twice daily service.
- Motril- It takes an hour and a half. There is one daily service during summer.
- Seville- The journey lasts three hours and a quarter. There is one service daily. A ticket costs 18€
- Granada- The journey takes two and a half hours. There are three buses daily, Tickets cost between 11€-13€.
Getting to and from Malaga Airport By Car
In car you can get to and from the airport via Avenida de Velazquez or the E-15. At the airport you will find general parking as well as long and short term parking. If you don’t have a car but would like to rent one there are various renatl companies at the airport: Avis, Goldcar, Sixt, Europcar, Autos Lido, Enterprise, Atesa, Hertz, Record Go…
Getting to and from Malaga Airport by Taxi
If you decide to catch a Taxi to or from the airport, remember there are two types of tariffs and if you travel during the April Fair or Holy week the journey will be a little more expensive. The price of the journey to the centre of Malaga costs around 25€.
Laura - Equipo de Marketing