La Tomatina! A Massive Tomato Fight!
26 August 2013
4055 times read
La Tomatina 2013
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to throw a tomato at someone? On the 28th of August 2013 in the Spanish village of Buñol only 30 km from Valencia , your question could be answered.
Every year, Buñol, is the scene of a giant tomato fight. Around 130 tonnes of tomatoes are thrown in this fun food fight, covering the participants in a thick red soup reminiscent of gazpacho. The entire village as well as many foreign visitors join in La Tomatina. This strange battle began in 1945 when a fight between a group of adolescents ended with tomatoes being hurled at each other. It didn’t take long before it became a tradition. Every year more and more people have come to join the world’s largest food fight, La Tomatina.
If you are goingto join in the fun of La Tomatina, 2013. Here are a few rules you should take into account.
- Bottles and other objects which may cause injury are prohibited.
- It is prohibited to pull the clothes of the other participants
- The tomatoes should be squashed before being thrown so that they don’t cause injury
- Allow the trucks and other vehicles to pass uninterruptedly
- When the second firework goes off the battle ends.
It is also recommended to wear comfortable shoes, swimming goggles to avoid the acid from the tomatoes getting in your eyes and of course old clothes.
The best way to get to Buñol from Valencia is on the regional train, on the C3 Line. Don’t miss this world famous event. You have to do it at least once in your life.
- Marketing Team