Platja d’Aro: A Holiday on the Costa Brava
Rocky coves, endless beaches, a plethora of activities and a picturesque old town make Platja d’Aro on the Costa Brava the perfect family holiday destination. Built around the impressive Benedormiens Castle, the origin of Platja d’Aro can be traced back to before medieval times. Today it is an enchanting town with a lot to offer the visitor. If you are looking for a holiday apartment or villa in Platja d’Aro you’ve come to the right place.
What to do in Platja d’Aro
The question should be what isn’t there to do in Platja d’Aro. There is a wide range of activities for culture vultures, including a visit to the medieval castle Benedormiens which is now an impressive exhibition space. For sports lovers there is golf, water sports and if you need an adrenalin fix you can mountain bike around the local hills or throw yourself out of an airplane (wearing a parachute, of course). For the young and young at heart there is the nearby Aquadiver waterpark.
The Beaches of Platja d’Aro
You’ll find the majority of the beaches in Platja d’Aro are equipped with all the amenities, showers, lifeguard and beach bars. But there are plenty of options if you want to escape the crowds and have a quiet swim with friends or family. Let’s have a look:
- Cala Pedrosa- You’ll have to get here early if you want to bag a spot on this miniscule beach. Measuring only 15m x 20m it is well away from the crowds and the town centre.
- Sa Conca- A pleasant strip of coarse golden sand at the southern end of Platja d’Aro.
- Platja Gran- As the name suggests this is Platja d’Aro’s main beach. Stretching out for over 2km it is the perfect place to spread out the towel and enjoy the day.
- Cala Rovira- Beautiful crystal clear water and a welcoming beach. What more do you need?
- Sa Cova- An almost secret little cove with a welcoming beach.
- Cala del Pi- A rocky shoreline and clear water greet visitors to this beach on the Costa Brava.
- Cala dels Canyers- Due to the beach being made up of pebbles and rocks it is the perfect place to escape the summer crowds.
- Cala Belladona- The last beach of the municipality. A quiet beach far from the madding crowd.
Restaurants in Platja d’Aro
In Platja d’Aro you can find an absolutely incredible range of restaurants bringing together an incredible range of cuisines. Mediterranean and regional specialties feature heavily on most menus but there is also an incredible choice of international cuisine. A few of Platja d’Aro’s best restaurants are Fabula Mediterranea, Catalina Parilla, La Calma, Casa Viart and Fu Lin.
Platja d’Aro Nightlife
A quiet cocktail at sunset, dancing all night long, an after dinner mojito, it doesn’t matter what you are looking for on a night out you’ll find it in Platja d’Aro. You even have the choice of trying out your vocal chords at karaoke. If you are on a family holiday and want to explore the nightlife options you’ve the choice of cinema, bowling or the local fun fair.
James – Marketing Team