Everything you need to know about getting your tickets to the World Cup 2014
Tickets for the World Cup Brazil 2014 went on sale yesterday and more than 1 million tickets were sold in the first seven hours. Nothing quite raises passions like football!
If you are thinking about going, we will tell you everything you need to know about getting your tickets to the World Cup Brazil 2014. The opening game will take place on the 12th of June in the Sao Paulo Arena and the final on the 13th of July in Rio de Janeiro’s famed Maracaná stadium.
When can tickets for the World Cup Brazil be bought?
Tickets will go on sale in three phases
- Until the 10th of October 2013. During the first phase supporters can apply to enter the ticket lottery. A lottery will be held between 11 October and 4 November and successful applicants will be informed by FIFA. Make sure you have enough money in your account to pay for the tickets.
- From the 5th to the 28th of November 2013. During this sales phase it will be a first come first served policy so make sure to get in early.
- From the 8th of December to the 30th of January. On the 6th of December the group draw will take place. Fans will know which countries have qualified and where the games will be played. Tickets will go on sale as in the first phase.
- From the 26th of February until the 11th of April. Tickets will be sold in order of the application.
How and where to buy tickets?
Tickets can be bought from the official FIFA website. You need to register and enter your personal details as well as that of your companions, choose the match and ticket category. You can not choose a seat, but you will be given adjacent seating.
You can reserve up to four tickets per game with a maximum of seven games. There are also special ticket packages available if you want to watch your team in action or a particular stadium.
World Cup Brazil 2014 Ticket Prices
Prices oscillate from $90 –$990 depending on which phase of the tournament and the type of ticket you wish to purchase. Tickets can be paid for either by credit card or bank transfer. Tickets for the World Cup Brazil are divided into four categories, besides VIP.
- Category 1- The most expensive category with seating in the prime areas of the stadium. Ticket prices range from $145 -$820.
- Category 2- Less expensive than the previous category with seating in the corners of the stadium. Ticket prices range from $111-$547.
- Category 3- More affordable seating located behind the goal. Ticket prices range from $74-$364.
- Category 4- The cheapest tickets. These tickets are reserved exclusively for Brazilian residents. Ticket prices range from $24-$136.
When and How do you get your Tickets.
Tickets can be collected from one of the FIFA Venue Ticketing Centres or they can be delivered to your door, paying postage.
If you need accommodation in Rio de Janeiro then have a look at some of our fantastic apartments.