Top 5 Bars to watch the FIFA World Cup 2010 in Barcelona
Now that the FIFA Word Cup 2010 is getting closer, it is important to know exactly where to head in order to watch the matches of our national teams with the best quality image. And yet, enjoy the charm of the Catalanian capital, Barcelona. For this sporting event, we have put together a list of the Top 5 bars and pubs where you could go to enjoy football at its best.
1) Flaherty’s Barcelona (Plaza Joaquin Xirau) – A chain of Irish pubs, whose bar in Barcelona is situated in the heart of the tourist area. Like any other regular Irish pub, its main activity is not only centred on the fantastic habit of ingesting pints of beers, but also on showing the most important sport events, and as you all know, the sporting event of this year is the FIFA World Cup. In his Irish pub you won’t lose track of what’s happening on the football fields, as it is equipped with 6 screens, 2 gigantic screens and even more in the terrace available for the clients. In addition, it añsp offers a daily menu with no time limit, meaning you won´t be forced to move on at the crucial moments!
2) Sports Bar Rambles (La Rambla dels Caputxins 31) – It’s a bar situated right in the tourist centre of Barcelona and that has renowned as the meeting point for the sport fans of the city and that offers a wide range of drinks as well a varied menu, ranging from tapas, hamburgers, and even vegetarian food. In this hall, we will be able to enjoy the World Cup in the best surroundings from our table and with a perfect sight to any of the numerous screens this bar is equipped with, to satisfy all football fans.
3) Taberna Amsterdam (Carrer d’Aragó 305) –An originally Dutch bar with a wide range of beers, both Spanish and Central European, the most demanding football fans will appreciate. And to ensure that you won’t miss the best moments of the biggest World Cup matches, it is equipped with three giant TV screens.
4) Dionisios (Avenida Marqués de la Argentera 27) – A chain of Greek restaurants specialized in Mediterranean and Ethnic food. This restaurant located in front of the Parc de la Ciudadella, will offer the football fans a terrace totally equipped for this sport event, provided with a giant HD screen and with a varied menu for the hungry fans.
5) Bar El Estudiantil (Plaça Universitat 12) – A typical bar where the university students head to when they meet to watch football matches. This is a two floor bar, full of screens, where you will experience the most enthusiastic football atmosphere in Barcelona.
If you want to take a look to the map of the city with all these bars located, click here.